by Hayley Paterson, Foundation Podiatry
Our feet are an engineering masterpiece, so let’s keep them that way! The 66 joints that make up your feet affect every joint right up to your neck. When neglected, our feet break down over time, leading to foot pain and discomfort.
- Stretch your feet daily. Your feet are the shock-absorbers for the body, allowing you to run, climb, jump and tackle uneven ground.
- Massage your feet daily. Roll your feet over a can or bouncy ball, focusing on the arch and any tender points. Releasing the strong fascia in your feet can also relax calf and hamstrings!
- Strengthen your feet daily. Toe scrunches, calf raises, arch roll-ups and more. Your feet have to carry your body everywhere it wants to go – so keep them strong!
- If the shoe fits, wear it. Footwear should promote the natural alignment of your feet. Say NO to ridiculously high heels, pointy toes, stiff sole shoes etc (sorry).
- Get back to nature! Add barefoot time outside on grass or sand to your daily habit. ‘Earthing’ has many benefits that are not just foot related!
Active Feet > Active Body > Active Life
Have a wonderful day!
Visit again soon.
DISCLAIMER: Readers are advised that while the utmost care is taken to ensure that all information is accurate at the time of publishing, Sundalah cannot be held responsible for the consequences of any errors or omissions. The opinions of contributors may not necessarily be the views of Sundalah. Views expressed are those of the individual writers. No part of this website may be reproduced without prior consent.